21.12.04

Morning Light's Blue

"Morning Light's Blue"
by Luke A. Tark
(A.K.A. C. Jacoby Jacobsen)
Send feedback to:
melinkaly@hotmail.com

Falling into darkness. Helpless as can be.
I had given up on hope. Nightmares came to be.


Then, a glimmer. Then a burst.
You’re light came to me. You lifted my curse.


I could not be without. I needed your love.
But I doubted you would choose me. You were far too above.


I gasped as you reached down. You picked me off the ground.
You wiped my tears, lifted me high. We were heaven bound.


You taught me to live. You were my breath.
We vowed to love – even past the scythe of death.


Once I almost lost you, followed by a nightmarish rush of déjà vu.
Then your Siren’s call came, like the beauty of morning light’s blue.


Our wedding day came, I was so joyful I could not stop crying.
"Why do you love me this much?" I asked, my smile never dying.


You’re reply was simple and sweet: "I love you, because you love me.
It is simple as that, and it is apparent we are meant to be."


The years passed. Our passion did not.
Our love was a sun, without a single dark spot.


Our children came and grew. We taught them the best we could.
Through the thick and thin of parenthood, our pillar of love still stood.


I never left your side when you were on your deathbed.
"With this, my last breath, I love you," you simply said.


I started to fall. The depth of the darkness’ hunger was vast indeed.
With memories of your love as a shield, the monster could not feed.


Now we hold each other, quiet as a mouse,
and sometimes I wonder if I deserved all this.
Then I look in your eyes, in this our heavenly house,
we smile together, and I feel only bliss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shamae. said...

He would take all the writing talent the family has...

23.12.04  

Post a Comment

<< Home