15.6.05

A box full of suggestions for your possible heart

It all boils down to one quotable phrase. ...If you love something, give it away.

I don't think that I ever loved you more than when you turned away. When you slammed the door. When you stole the car and drove towards mexico. You wrote bad checks just to fill your arm. I was young enough I still believed in war. Let the poets cry themselves to sleep and all there tearful words will turn back into steam. But me I'm a single cell on the serpents tongue. There's a muddy field where the garden was. I'm glad you got away, but I'm still stuck out here. My clothes are soaking wet from your brothers' tears. ...and I never thought this life was possible... The end of paralysis - I was a statuette. But now I'm drunk as Hell on a piano bench and when I press the keys, it all gets reversed (the sound of loneliness makes me happier).

and it all boils down...to one quotable phrase....

2 Comments:

Blogger wheatable said...

That is.... so hot.

Wherdja get it?

17.6.05  
Blogger wheatable said...

Wherdja is a word. Dont question me.

17.6.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home